Wednesday, March 26, 2014

People Amaze Me

I've been in Edinburgh since Sunday (it's now Wednesday afternoon). There is very little to complain about in my current world. I'm doing well with my budget. I'm CouchSurfing with a masseuse who is very generous and accommodating. I asked if I could stay a few extra days and he was very cool with it. I am usually out for most of the day anyway, so there doesn't tend to be a problem anyway.

My budget is $250/week, though I'd naturally rather spend less, since I'd like to live after Europe as well.

I'm amazed at how kind people are. It's a simple comfort that everyone seems to go out of their way to help you if you are kind and smiling with them. I kinda don't understand. I've been stuck in my own little world for so long, focusing on myself too much, and then I get to be just BLOWN AWAY when I throw in extra time to get to know people.

Our tour guide yesterday was from Prague. He was a poor student studying urban planning and I spent an extra few hours walking and talking with him after the tour. Three Harry Potter books were written in this city, and he knew little of the books, so I explained important references for his tour and convinced him to read them. He told me about Prague and Vienna and his love for travel and different ways to drink (he said the Scottish tend to drink like crazy, whereas the Czech are content with having a few pints and calling it a night).

No comments: