Friday, March 21, 2014

Leaving Belfast & Not Stressing

It's been a lovely few days in Belfast. This place is like a second home to me and has a way of taking me back to some roots I left off those four years ago when I first arrived the summer after my freshman year. Thanks to a dear friend, Jamie Odom, I remembered the value of sitting in a coffeeshop and just writing, thinking, and listening to music relevant to where you are. Victoria Square in Belfast just has an effect on me.

The security I was able to feel here was important for me, I think. I feel much more confident in the idea of travel and of finding a place to stay.

It is very easy to become stressed while traveling. After all, you are walking about with your current life strapped to or dangling from your shoulders and you are carrying a few pounds/euros in your pocket that you know you can't really afford to spend anyway.

I felt very assured that I would have a place to stay tonight, but then my potential couchsurfing host had to cancel because of family trouble. But even as I'm to leave a few minutes to a foreign city in a foreign country with little to no idea of where I'm going to stay, I know that I can still trust in God, and that stress remains the stupidest and most foolish of all possible feelings to take on. It does me absolutely no good and burns calories I can't afford to lose.

#livingongranolabars

No comments: