Saturday, March 15, 2014

March 13, 2014

Today, we went to a cancer hospital to bring comfort to patients there. My last experience as a missionary working in hospitals was in Uganda, so this was a big step up. These children and youths were actually receiving good treatment. The difficult part wasn't seeing their conditions (they mostly just looked bald but okay); rather, it was difficult for me to pray healing for them. I was the first one asked to pray, and the whole "by Your stripes we are healed" thing didn't seem to cut it. I know something of how cancer works, and it's difficult to imagine God just fixing it. But I suppose that that's why it's called faith. In any case, my first prayer for a sick child seemed lacking to me, though The Lord will use it as He wills. I NEED to have faith in God's healing power. I don't want to work alone in medicine, without The Lord blessing every bit of it. 

I have been congested all day. The medications will work for a short time, but they mostly just make me drowsy. I didn't realize that the steroid nasal spray I'm using isn't supposed to take effect for a week, so I have until Wednesday to expect real results there. 

We went to the English Speaking Club after the hospital. Despite being congested, I knew that I would likely be the center of attention because that tends to happen. I was right. When we broke into groups to discuss our dreams, I was fortunate enough to be grouped with the prettiest girls. Not that it matters...but I'm just sayin. 

On the morrow, we have a leadership conference. I was asked to speak a few weeks ago, but I don't know if that's changed at all. If I AM speaking, I have some work to do on my message to turn it into something for pastors and leaders. It might be intended for them, really. It seems like it would be. Still, to make the words matter to people, I have to include myself in the message, which is something I often refrain from doing. 

No comments: