Tuesday, March 18, 2014

First Few Days

I am sorry that I haven't been posting on here since I began my adventure. It's hard to believe that I've only arrived on Saturday night. I'm currently sitting in a room in a lovely Irish home where a family has taken me in for the past two nights. They have fed me as well, so my biggest recent expense was just bus fare and a pint of Guinness. I've truly been blessed here.

My first day here was Sunday. After a traditional Irish breakfast at the B&B where I stayed, I met up with the family of the doctor I work for. They paid for my meals and for my ticket to the Guinness brewery which, by the way, is a glorious place. There are free samples throughout the building, and it is a system that could be abused if you've a mind to. At the top, they pour you a pint and make a shamrock shape in the cream at the top.

Yesterday, I went to the local St Patrick's Day parade. There was free barbecue, as the local butcher had a pig on a spit that lasted the town through the afternoon. I took video for the family I stayed with, a small effort toward paying them back for their hospitality. I also visited the pubs later that night. They were sadly quite empty, since this area is mostly parents with small children, but I did manage to get a free pint for being Texan. The second pint at the next pub was full price though. Still delicious nonetheless.

I have so much that I'd like to see and do that I have little patience for writing or video editing. I know that I need to though. Hopefully I'll be able to stop myself when I get to Belfast.

No comments: