Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Lots Of Things

I finally started working full-time at The Center For Neurology And Neurophysiology. I also got my MCAT scores in today. I only made a 21. This score isn't all that competitive, but I think it's all I've got. I hated studying for and taking the test, and since I am working full time now, I don't think I can afford to take a class or something else to boost my score. Plus, I don't really think I could boost it much.

I endorsed my age-old strategy of imagining a worse score (16) and letting that be my expected score, which made 21 a slightly pleasant surprise. It's the same score I made on one of my highest practice tests.

My friend who I lived with for my senior year in college, Stewart, just got through his first day of orientation at medical school at UAMS in Arkansas and called me to tell me about it and ask about what I'm doing. Med school sounds so good in so many ways. He informed me that our school did a lot of wearing us down and scaring us, when really, from talking to current medical students, it doesn't seem nearly as hard as our undergrad courses. I mean, our classes this past year consumed all time.

Anyway, this week has been a lot of reminding myself of how much favor God has given me, and how He has kinda just orchestrated everything to fall into place just as it is. I don't get to be in medical school this year. I do, however, get to make money and probably travel to Europe with PAID vacation days. I don't understand that concept, but I endorse it.

Every morning, I begin thinking with dread of the day to come, yet work is wonderful for the most part, and that feeling is banished after I see patients. Each one is a pleasure to talk to, though whiny ones take that patience. There are some times during which I am not busy, or I am confused as to how to do something. Those are the times that I dread.

Also, youngest sister is crazy. I don't even feel like I'm talking to her anymore 'cause she's so dishonest and double-minded. I honestly suspect demonic possession or bipolar disorder or something, or maybe it's just the drugs she's on. Pray for her to STOP or the law will have to.

No comments: