Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Faith...Good Stuff

This past weekend, I relaxed. That's basically what happened. I also made a lot of progress with my One. Her best friend left her at the Dart rail and was a jerk to her, and this somehow got her back to God. I think she's gonna be committed.

Tonight, we had a YFN weekend squeezed into a night, complete with Pastor Jaycee and Regeneration. High expectations? Always. Trish cut my hair before service, 'cause we both hate my rat-tail. She did awesome. Props to her.

I'm gonna just spill a few things God told me. First off, in my Bible reading beforehand, I was in Luke 4:32+36. It talked about how Jesus was teaching at the temple. It says twice that "the people were amazed at his teaching". "Why?" thought I. To start with, they were amazed because He spoke with authority. He knew His capabilities, 'cause He had been filled with the Holy Spirit. In verse 36, the people are amazed again. This time, it's after He casts out a demon. His teachings are now amazing not only 'cause of His authority, but because He's got power to back it up.

I went for the alter call to have my faith-to-faith-to-faith strengthened, 'cause I was at the point that I didn't believe I would get accepted into any university, or that the things I had been obeying God with were gonna really have His ideal end result. I had a huge amount of doubt 'cause of Boston University, 'cause I had spoken it out in faith and felt like God had told me to go there. Then that whole deal fell through, my desire to go there with it. I was afraid to have faith that I would be accepted anywhere, lest I have a similar let-down happen again. But then God reminded me of something Pastor Benny Perez said. It's better to have faith in something and go down believing than to be doubting or uncertain about it. I think it's true. So I have faith that I'm going to UT.

During worship, I started thinking of an equation in Physics (don't worry, it relates). Energy is the ability to do work. Work requires displacement, or moving something to a new location. Power is a combination of all of these. It's the rate at which work happens. So, when Jesus worked in power, and when we work in power, it's energy causing a movement really quickly. When the apostles did deeds of power in Acts, their numbers grew by thousands. You know why? 'Cause the power of Jesus is a huge amount of energy moving hearts, minds, bodies, and spirits. It's science.

He also wants me to rewrite the angry letter I had written to Mr. Harber, apologizing for holding bitterness towards him, and making my points in a more kindly manner.

8 comments:

Rebekah Michaele said...

hmm i wasnt quite sure what to think when you said dont be offended, but i can't see anything here that would be offensive, except for the implication that rat-tails are not awesome :p (actually i had a bad dream about rat-tails recently... i dreamed collin had one and i hated it quite fervently. lol)

you're right about the faith things. double-mindedness is pretty up there in the bible on God's list of stuff to disapprove of. mostly because it's crippling to us-- He can't do anything in us that our faith doesn't allow. i'm glad that this is a growing experience for you though, for sure.

and on a physics note, sometimes alot of potential energy and tension builds up before energy is released, work is done, and power is observed. But there's always the Force at work in one way or another. God made physics cool like that ;)

Kate said...

i'm glad to hear all of this.
you had me worried when you texted me,
but i'm super excited to see where God is moving in your life.

UT? Really?
That's gotta be God.
Enough said.

Andrew said...

U of Texas in Austin?

bri said...

I read the post and somehow missed the part about UT.
I'm too exhausted to read.

Rebekah Michaele said...

ah, yes. very clever

:p

bri said...

hah, you were good with your words there. I haven't listened to them yet to know if I'll be keeping them. also, don't judge a band by their name.

Kate said...

yup.

FREE DRUGS FOR EVERYONE!!!

Alyssa Kay said...

I like.