Sunday, January 11, 2009

The Incredibles


To recap yesterday's events, I stayed at home and worked on my thesis for most of the day, then my computer remembered it's viruses, which frustrates me enough to distract me. Only 4 pages into it.

Today, I talked to Shayna about the plan for small groups, and she agreed that spiritual gifts was the way to go. Of course, an hour before small groups started, she suggested that we make it a movie night tonight, since we wouldn't have many people, and I agreed. We watched The Incredibles, and, although no one else may have been thinking this, I thought it tied in well with the lesson plan.

Superpowers? God dishes 'em out. Loads of 'em are mentioned all through the Bible. Teleportation, super-strength, flying, etc. It's all there.

I just wanna share this stuff that gets me so excited, so that maybe some of these junior highers will be crazy enough to believe that God's Word really can and just might be reality today, in all aspects, including the fun parts.

1 comment:

Andrew said...

I wonder what my super power is.