Sunday, January 25, 2009

Supernatural Expectations


Shayna was sick for small groups tonight. This, however, did not manage to stop it from being successful. Tonight, I did sort of an intro on spiritual gifts. I was kinda all over the place, but I managed to stay on enough of a track to hold attention. I read Paul's whole explanation of spiritual gifts (I Corinthians 12:1-something), and then talked about how there were superpowers all throughout the Bible, like teleportation, super-strength, etc. "Teleportation?" one asked. And I turned to that passage and suddenly the group was enraptured. It was pretty amazing to find that everyone, particularly the guys, were as excited as I am about this topic. Expectations are high.

'Cause how many of us wish that they had known about angels, demons, supernatural powers, and all the other fun parts of Christianity back when we were in junior high?

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Good post. I'm glad you're small group went well. And yes, I would've liked to have known more about the fun stuff.