Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Bad Day



I had a bad day. Doesn't that stink? It took forever to get my transcript, then I spent like an hour trying to get it sent out, which led to my being late to church (that's past 4:45 to me) Everyone I talked to about it said what wisdom/God(maybe) told me. It's still terribly hard to take the news that I'm out of the running for valedictorian. And that I worked for like three hours getting the transcript that displayed my atrocious second-rate grade.

I can't afford to get upset with God, not when I'm leading a small group. I've got to work it out civilly.

It's just hard to take. But I'm supposed to be trying to have my heart and motives be modeled after God's. God doesn't care about grades except as a means to get me further. If I wanna grow, I've gotta look at what God wants to teach me through it.

It's just a lil' tough when you think that God called you to a place, and you don't get accepted, and God redirects you. And you don't think you'll get into where you think God might be leading you, so you stop believing you'll get into any college at all.

Deadline week continues...

1 comment:

Andrew said...

bummer. I'm glad we got to chat about it though that day.