Saturday, January 3, 2009

On The Horizon


I felt like God said that I'd be able to live in that awesome way that I've been yearning to. He said this coming semester was the time for it. The difference now will be that I'll keep in mind the value of balance. During my time in Canton, I had lots of time to sit around praying, texting and selling (didn't sell much). Things came together. Here are a few things on the horizon for me/us:

1. Generally speaking, I'm stepping it up in leadership. I stepped back this past semester to let other people step up. To be specific, Rush and Perez didn't. Rush would be the main problem there. He's the one with the friggin' huge anointing for leadership. So yeah, when the ones that God wants don't step up, those less-abled among us have to do so. This is how Jordan and I end up leading. Not to downplay my or Jordan's abilities, of course. I just felt like God is having us take the place of someone who decided not to step up when God wanted them to.

2. New Paradigm. I'll be talking to Pastor Nick about videos for the New Paradigm tomorrow. One such new video may be a new, improved version of the I Am Paradigms. Pastor Nick originally intended for them to be a fresh word caught on video. I've got an idea for the first fresh word (it's based on the blog about Solla Sollew by Dr. Seuss).

3. Revolt, the school retreat coming up at the end of January. Jordan said he needed someone organized to help out with it. Guess who was waiting for someone else to step up to the plate? Yep, so now that it's a month away, I'm taking over much of the planning. I texted Cameron, and he confirmed that Mike Bond will most likely want to be a part of this, so there's our speaker. Awesome? I think so.

4. I get to give most of my/God's Christmas money away (the money I was gonna be living on for awhile or, if I saved it, gambling with on the cruise). I love having to rely on God financially. Don't worry; His orders, not mine.

5. God revealed something to me through my Dr. Seuss research. Dr. Seuss wrote his books for adults, but written in language simple enough for children to understand (in many of his first drafts, he cussed and swore a lot). When asked if he would ever write adult books instead of childrens, he replied that he didn't know of a difference between the two. This plus a sermon I was listening to clued me in on something. I've been uncertain of whether to approach the subject of awesome supernatural stuff with my small group, 'cause I wasn't sure if it'd be the appropriate group. But it's a subject I ALWAYS wanna talk about, like something rising up in me. So maybe, just maybe, if it's done simply, we can start talking about my favorite parts of Christianity.

I'm excited.

5 comments:

Evan Mac said...

Crazy thing... these lives we live...

We are given so many opportunities yet in our frailty we accomplish so little, because we try to do it by our own strength. Mistakes are not to be forget, but rather remembered and learned from.

As for your college post before, I want to tell you this. Do not go to a college because someone told you to. I would like you to come to JBU (the word of focus is "I"). It is important to receive counsel about the school to attend, but God alone should your decider, as He carries for your well being even more than you do.

Visit some colleges you are thinking about and while you are there listen for God.

GFS said...

London,
I freakin love your posts.
They always make me think, and I love it!

Rebekah Michaele said...

i love how you say "i get to give away.."

yarr. good attitude. fo sho. thats a good way to get blessed bro.

Andrew said...

Those are some good points.

Alyssa Kay said...

My favorite, too.