Sunday, November 27, 2016

Oh The Days

I fly out to take my exam a week from this Tuesday. I'm not likely to pass, but I'm heading to our family's lakehouse tomorrow to study in isolation until my flight. I will be moving to Addison to do a study program for two months after New Years.

I've hated living at home. Not just because it's so very pro-Trump here, but also because when one parent is getting divorced and the other is remarrying and your sister's boyfriend takes his own life, concentration becomes difficult. And I'm not great at staying focused as it is.

So I'm looking forward to December. After I take my exam, I get to sit on the beach briefly, then fly back to the States. Then I will have the freedom to go for guiltless long drives to visit friends in other states.

Also, getting up in the morning is still difficult. I still don't recognize the church as it is (so I don't capitalize). It seems like the clear wrong that I have learned all my life is more of a gray, or even white, area for many others. A good friend of mine told me that he doesn't tell people that he's Christian until they have gotten to know him well. We aren't ashamed of the gospel; the gospel saved us. We are just ashamed of being associated with a racist, sexist, bigoted, intolerant group.

No comments: