Friday, January 23, 2015

Upcoming Exams...

Not feeling confident about these block exams. I wasted a lot of time these past three weeks. Last semester, it seemed so much easier to know what and how to study. Memorize first, learn what you memorized after you've memorized it. But this semester, it's so different. There's still so much, but it's not memorization. It's learning difficult concepts from biochemistry, physiology, and genetics. I was okay at physio, but biochem and genetics are murder for me. Especially biochem. Biochem is the worst. Professors are great though; it's me.

It's been a matter of getting back into school mode. Being sick over the break, I was forced to come to a full stop. No being all busy, getting things done. And unfortunately, snapping myself back into my good habits only happened now, the weekend before the first exams. It should have happened last weekend and the one before, but alas. I just didn't know how to make my brain and body get back into the swing of things.

But now I haven't had an alcoholic beverage since last weekend and I'm going to bed before midnight, asleep before 1 AM. I'm actually getting the recommended amount of sleep at 7-8 hours. The bright side here is that I'm not tired in class; I'm just somehow often unable to pay attention. By the end of last semester, I could sit through three hours of lectures and still be attentive and listening, but now, I'm back to worse than at the start of med school. A few minutes and I'm gone.

However, I have felt more myself these last few weeks. The most difficult part of transition is done and now I'm here. I've been showing off my quirky more and have more friends than I had first thought. But still, I dunno about all of it.

I can't learn all of this by Monday. I hope that God will work in me to learn what I need to learn, and to learn it well.

No comments: