Friday, November 1, 2013

First Official Rejection

Got my first medical school rejection. Saba University is a no-go, which doesn't bode well for me, since it has the lowest standards of legitimate medical schools in the Caribbean. However, my personal statement had to be greatly shortened for them, so there's still hope for other schools.

But realistically speaking, I'm really not likely to get into medical school this time around. This means that, realistically, I need to start looking at grad schools to boost my GPA. It also means that in the meantime, it won't matter what I do with my time.

Since my supervisor just quit, I am having to do her work as well as mine, not to mention train the new medical assistant. But come December, I'm likely to let them know that I'm quitting, and officially turning in my two weeks notice in mid-December. But that is only if I have a fair level of assurance that medical schools will not accept me.

There's a medical science masters program that will start in late May of next year and finish the following year, so that's probably my next best bet.

No comments: