Friday, November 15, 2013

So Much

Work is crazy. I've gone from working part-time to full time, working the jobs of 2-3 people, and training medical assistants throughout.
I'm not usually one who is prone to anger, but I was pissed today, and it briefly showed while I was at work. Fortunately, I'm as passive aggressive as they come, and the target of that anger (the MA who's been training for the past week and a half) was not there. She was put in charge of checking voicemails and making sure we followed up with every patient who calls. I received a call yesterday from a patient's family, and was chewed out first by a brother-in-law, then by the sister, for not following up on a voicemail left the day before. When I asked the MA who checked those voicemails whether there had been a message regarding this patient, she said there had been none, that she took notes on everything. But when the other MA trainee was going through the messages this afternoon, that voicemail was there. And I wrote a strongly worded message to the MA responsible because I HATE the idea that a patient was the object of neglect because someone was too determined to clock out at 4 PM. These are real people and medicine should be held to a standard of excellence.
Anyway, we have job training tomorrow at 8 AM, which is an hour earlier than usual for me, and on a Saturday, which is another new one.

I also had that med school interview for the second-tier med school yesterday. And I was awesome. I've had so much clinical experience with this neurologist that it was the easiest thing to pull examples to answer their questions. And I also found out the secret to the "greatest weakness" question: I never learned a foreign language. By far the best thing to say (unless you're smarter and have learned another language). It was a 45 minute interview, and at the end of it, the lady said that she will highly recommend me to the admissions committee when they convene on Tuesday (or possibly Thursday), so I should hear before the end of next week.

I've thought of asking for a raise at my job. Not because I particularly need one, but because I'm doing SO much work and working full-time besides. But I talked to my dad about it and he recommended following my grandpa's example of submitting it to The Lord in prayer and letting it be His problem. And I need to do that with the MA's mistake as well.

I just really miss spare time, rest, a regular workout schedule, and having a clean house. And a host of other things, but those ones are within the realm of possibility when I go part-time.

No comments: