Sunday, November 10, 2013

For The Time Being

I've found in the past few months that rather than needing to write my thoughts out, I tell them to people. This was more difficult during school because it's so difficult to make time for people, and for them to make time for you. Now though, I am close to my family. I see my parents and siblings at least once a month. I see my grandparents every Sunday as well. I'm closer to all of them than I've ever really been and I tend to talk everything out.

I haven't received any interview invitations except from subpar medical schools, so it's becoming time to make plans for the worst. I have a phone interview Thursday for one such school, but it's difficult to judge how good of a school it is. It's apparently in good standing as a 2nd tier Caribbean school, but I don't really understand what that means. Unless God directs me otherwise, I'm probably going to go to any med school of remotely high standards, 'cause a longer wait would suck.

In any case, my plans for vacation begin with a mission trip to Belarus in March, then flying out from there to London (or Paris, maybe), and just backpacking around. Worst case scenario (well, not the WORST case scenario), I'll have to be back in the States to start school on May 27. Best case, I come back when I go on a mission trip to South America in July. Then probably go to med school SOMEwhere right after.

No comments: