Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Back On the Offensive


In my dream last night, I was at Alyssa's birthday party again, and her drunk uncle asked me the same question he had asked in real life. Who are you? He acted like he wouldn't accept a shallow answer. In actuality, I was vague. In my dream though, I was more specific,

"I'm a co-heir with Christ, the Son of God. I have within me the ability to be a legit superhero. The ability is in me to teleport, to fly. I can kill a thousand men with a bone. It is within me to lay hands on a person and see their body be healed of all illnesses. I'm a Christian."

I had forgotten about that dream until Prototype tonight. We're reading this book on being a man in the way God intended, and it's making me think of how wimpy my outlook on graduation has been. When I can't decide if having 37 more days of school is a good or bad thing, something is wrong. This attitude is a battle, and if I'm going in thinkin' of how junky my life is, then I'm losing. I found myself getting a lil' annoyed in the morning when I didn't have any intense prayer warring music. The best artists focus more on deep worship and being soft-toned, and I need to be getting mad at the devil for trying to crap up my friends and their effectiveness by giving them losing mindsets.

And God told me that He had to teach me stuff about the resurrection and junk, and now that the Easter thing is over, He's gonna start giving me fresh Words, including things for Kenya.

5 comments:

Kirsten Erin said...

Wow, that's a really awesome dream!
Don't you just love it when God talks to you so clearly that it can't be mistaken for anything else? :D

bri said...

God-given gift of teleportation?

Dani said...

Boom.. roasted.

so i love that picture too...

Andrew said...

word is bond. I think Paradigm's pre-service prayer could use some prayer-war-music too. Let me know if you find any.

GFS said...

I really dont like either. they suck out the creativity of clothing and are over used.

but I realize most people disagree with me. lol