Sunday, April 26, 2009

God+Me=Good


This picture is for Bekah (or, if you really like, it can also be for you!). I saw a kid at Harry Myers wearing a shirt with a cape sewn onto it, and I immediately became jealous. If she were to make a similar one for me, a green cape on a plain white tee would be wondrous.

We all do what we can to discomfort the lives of our teachers and those above us, but rarely do we have the chance to do it in a rather official way. A Senior Prank is a chance to do just that. I'm afraid I cannot spill the beans on this blog of what we're doing, besides one little peek. If you wanna know more, ask me in person (or through text, email, Facebook Chat, or all those other forms of communication).

I've been getting a lot more Word time in yesterday and today, and I'm very glad, 'cause I just had a long, LONG chat with my dad. For the first time, I learned some deep issues in his life. He needs healing. I think I'm about to get better acquainted with Pastor Brad, upon the advice of the madre.

Small groups was great tonight. I was already sore from a good workout and lawnmower hauling yesterday, so capture the fuzzy (I forgot what type of stuffed animal it was) took a lot out of me. Plus, I had only eaten sweets that day. We were all beat afterwards, so naturally, we had to settle down and talk about prophecy. We might talk about it again next week, 'cause we didn't get a chance to focus on how THEY can go about prophecying. There are practical guidelines that I would've appreciated at their age. By the way, Jillian Irons is helping lead our small group now. Talk about awesome! Maybe I'll get to know her a little bit through this.

I'm officially in charge of the youth and children's ministries on the Kenya trip. While the adults go to the pastor's conference, I'm kinda heading it up. Oh Jesus!

Hold on, I kinda feel like letting out my responsibilities real quick. I'm not frustrated, just aware. $1,200 due sunday, 10-12 page poetry paper due May 4th, book report and play report due May 8th, Health I online class done by May 8th weekend, three+ messages for Kenya, plus chores and homework in between. Feels good to let it out.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

have fun with your senior prank :) I don't know that we even did one which was a bummer... Also, I'm excited for you to go to Kenya. It'll be a cool trip and I think a lot of times God shows us stuff that we were too distracted to see/understand in our comfort zones.

Andrew said...

Sounds like you are going to be pretty busy.

Rebekah Michaele said...

i'm on that cape shirt.. soon.

feels good to let out your to-do list when it starts to get crowded. makes room in the brain for things like organizing, and pranking unsuspecting (or are they?) faculty.

RebekahDanaeJennings said...

WOW!! That's alotta stuff to be doing..! I'm super super de-duper excited about Kenya, It's gonna be crazy though!! Me, U, and Angela are gonna have some major bonding time :P I mean, 32 total hours on a plane. We'll all be best friends by the end of this :D haha, jkjk..

Jillian said...

wooo hoo! small groups are so classy.
uum, no worries i almost died too during capture the pooky. i felt like a beast when i made that touchdown though, i'm not gonna lie. aaand yes, london we will be the best of friends...no worries. :)