Tuesday, August 22, 2023

Oh the Pilots

I have not heard back about that commercial, so I presumably did not book it. But I did finally get the shoot date for this pilot, so I am booked on September 11, and then who knows. And until then, who knows.

I had not looked at the pilot I wrote since February, but these six months later, I finally remembered parts of it that I liked, so I opened it up. And I was pleasantly surprised by parts that made me laugh. It has giant issues, but maybe there is something there.

We may be three weeks from filming this pilot (that I did not write), but we are six months from SXSW, which is the event that they are targeting for publicity with it. And I guess for the tv pilot competition? I had never heard of such a thing before, but with the writers and actors strikes going on, I imagine that that is one of the few avenues available to shop a pilot to, apart from international markets, which the director brought up as another possibility. He said that it could be big... But I cannot be sitting on that for six months. I need to keep working, keep applying, and, hopefully, keep writing. I mean, what if we make this show and this small studio suddenly has money to make other shows? And then I have this idea for a tv show, and a script written for it?

No comments: