Thursday, August 17, 2023

Feelings, Dubs, Callback, All Out of Season

I went to see the Barbie movie yesterday. For budgetary reasons, I only see so many movies in theaters, but I think that every single one I have seen since I have allowed myself to get back into acting has made me cry. For years in medicine, I did not allow myself to feel too strongly. I remember a friend of mine saying that it is important to feel. And I corrected her, saying that I have tried feeling in medicine, and I could not study anywhere near as efficiently when I did so. I needed emotional distance to increase my proficiency, so now I am experiencing something of an inverse, where I need to tap into and explore the feelings of characters. And it is a relief.

Yesterday, I did another foreign movie dub (normal speaking voice as the lead for three movies), and I just got a callback for a Google Android commercial. I want so badly to keep busy, so I keep uploading little videos that I could swear should go viral, just based on how impressive it is to people when they see me. Like, at that table read, the director pimped me out like I was a secret weapon to do those contortionist moves. A short horror I was in has forbidden me from promoting it simply because who I am will give away the game.

I have to hope that it is all about remaining consistent, in season and out of season. Last night, I dreamed that I was collaborating with some comedian with a musical background, and we were working on some guitar riffs, and I was actively regretting all this down time in which I was not practicing guitar. I was slow and second guessing myself on the G7 chord.

No comments: