Friday, August 4, 2023

Wahhhhhiiiiinnniiiinnngggg

I talked to the writer and director of the upcoming pilot today. I asked about his one word change for my character, from "lean" to "weasel-like", and he assured me that it was not based on my performance. I let him know that I had been watching weasel documentaries since, and he explained a little further what he meant. And made a similar animal comparison to another character with which I was familiar. They have posted our photos and names on social media in their announcement of the cast, as did the director of the short film we are shooting this weekend. I finally get to be on set tomorrow! Which leaves the rest of today to go to the gym and then debate how much to study the script, since I only have a few lines, but will likely just be focused on physicality.

That will make two pilots and one music video this year. I need to get more work. And that is why I am taking real action by whining about it here. But really, maybe I just need to make myself go to the local open mics, just to be seen, to be doing something, and try to network. Open mics are just so depressing.

The director of this pilot said that he is working on making his own indie streaming service that allows for easier monetization compared to the bigger streamers like youtube. So there is that, along with Roku, and in January, he mentioned an event at which he could shop it around to some international distributors. After he explained it, he ended by saying that it could go big. And it is something of an ensemble cast, so it will be nice to see how everyone plays it out.

No comments: