Saturday, May 16, 2020

Things COULD Be Looking Up

Yesterday, I took my final medical school exam. I should have taken it last summer, but I blew it off, not realizing that it may have the potential to solve many of my current academic issues. The test felt relatively easy, but who knows. They are supposed to let me know by Wednesday. If I do well enough, I get my medical degree, which will mean that I will actually be a doctor. One thing that that means is that I can drive to Arkansas and do an instructional video for my friend's business of online medical assistant training. Someone else writes the lesson and then I read it off with a teleprompter and it is a paid gig.

I am also two weeks and six days from turning 30, and am also hoping to convince the girl I like to go cave exploring and camping with me over that weekend. She seems open to the idea, but who knows. In any case, I currently intend to let her know at that point about my romantic feelings toward her.

I also just wrote a couple pages of a script for the pilot episode of the video version of my improvised comedy podcast. My mom's boyfriend has worked most every job involved in movie, tv, and commercial productions, and is sought after for his skills as an art director. And he seems open to helping us out. It was close to this time last year that I began feverishly obsessing about the podcast, so naturally I am obligated to seek out a chance to throw myself into work on another project that I think is brilliant but may never get the audience that I feel it deserves. But that is the way of art.

Fortunately, we have nearly a year of our podcast behind us to use as a guideline. This will hopefully translate into less work, but if we make it as good as I want to make it, it will probably take so much effort.

I am afraid to get my hopes up overmuch, because so many of my plans have been wrecked. The girl may not have mutual romantic feelings. The show may not happen, or may not be good, or may be too expensive to actually do as well as I want to do it. I may not have done well enough on that test to graduate, and so consequently I will not be able to do that paid online teaching gig. But there is also the chance that all of those things could work out. And sometimes, it is nice to imagine such a world.

No comments: