Saturday, August 30, 2014

August 28, 2014

Well, I made it to Nevis. I brought only $23 cash with me, so I've already had to borrow money for the taxi and boat from St Kitts. I've been hanging out with seven other students who are living in the same dorm and I remain the only white person. But everyone is super friendly and the dorm situation has a lil' bit of the college feel, just with more of a deserted island feel to it. We only have to live here for 3 1/2 months. Then we get to live in apartments or houses. 

My roommate, a Pakistani Canadian Muslim, saw me reading my Bible and asked if I was religious. I said "yes" and he replied that he has a lot to learn from me (and I returned the sentiment). I get to learn about this new religion in a pleasant context, and I also get to share the gospel. But mostly, I'm feeling like there's so much to manage here that when classes start, it may just be overwhelming. 


In any case, I get to sleep tonight and enjoy exploring Nevis tomorrow. My adventuresome spirit that had been kicked down after Europe is trying to rise up once again. 

No comments: