Thursday, April 3, 2014

No Stressing

I've been foolish lately with trying to be out and doing things rather than stopping and taking them in, which was kinda the entire point of going to Europe for three months instead of a week or two.

I always knew that stress was bad. Worries and anxieties do not belong to us. As Christians, we are to surrender them, just as we surrender the rest of our lives. But it does become difficult while traveling. On CouchSurfing.org, a website I've come to love, I made a public request for a place to stay for a few nights. Everyone I asked said "no", but one guy messaged me separately and offered for me to live in his apartment, since he's temporarily in the States. I replied "YES" an hour afterwards and was very excited, though the British guys I was staying with likened it to the movie Taken. 
So I told friends in the area to call off the search for a place for me to stay and it was nice. Then I realized that my bus didn't arrive in Paris till 10 PM and the station was across Paris from the apartment. Then I realized that I still hadn't gotten a reply back to confirm I could even stay in the apartment. On top of this, I was told that there was an area popular for mugging near the apartment that I needed to try to avoid. So I woke up this morning checking my email constantly, knowing that it would be foolish to assume I'd have wifi on my way there.

So I thought of panicking, of being anxious, of stressing. But that belongs to The Lord. So I decided to trust Him and (with a hand motion) thrust it towards Him, away from me. Because stress is His, just as my hopes and dreams for tomorrow are. 

Then today I made it to my bus. Then I found that choosing the back of the partially-filled bus gave me the back row to myself. Then I found a power outlet and wifi. Then I got an email from the Parisian about the apartment, and my friends there offered to make room for me for the night. All is well and was always going to be so because God makes a way for those He loves. 

No comments: