Monday, April 14, 2014

April 13

Well, I had a trip from Vienna, Austria to Bari, Italy set up. I was to change trains three times. This is where a problem came about. See, some Italian train conductors are apparently on strike, and one train that I had planned on using just didn't show up. Though I did manage to find one train to get me out of the mountain range on the very northern edge of Italy, I now sit on a public toilet in the town of Bolzano, hoping that I can use the night train to get to Rome (and then to Bari, from which location I will depart to Greece). The problem is that the reservation I had before was for a train I was forced to miss, and the man at the teller here told me that because of the strike, I cannot reserve a ticket for the upcoming train to Rome that may or may not show up. I find out in less than an hour. 

No comments: