Sunday, April 8, 2012

Lists

I have three lists hung up by my bed in my dorm. One is a list of things I want to do, and kinda have always wanted to do, things like "be a wine connoisseur" and "write books." The next one is a list of people and places to pray for, listing lots of places I've been and people I've been close to over the years. The last list is a list of spiritual endeavors, and it's the list that scares me the most. They come not only from what I'd like to become through Christ now, but things that I used to want to do, that I'd now feel more comfortable forgetting about. Things like "I want to experience revival in a pure and Biblical form," and "to see angels and demons."

I feel almost guilty putting the first list in any important place, yet if I focus on any of them more, it is most certainly that one. Because really, I'm always searching for escape from all that I am forced to attempt to accomplish while in college. A lot of the work done here has little purpose for what I am hoping to do with my life, but I suppose that that's precisely where faith must be used.

One thing I mean to add to a list is a motto I have to force myself to keep in mind to avoid assuming anything of anyone. "Be as much as you can for people, expecting nothing in return."

No comments: