Friday, April 6, 2012

Good Friday Preceded By Crappy Monday-Thursday

I stressed out so much this week. I knew it was going to be a difficult week, despite not having classes on Friday, but it was really just horrible. I had a test in Physics that I had to study hard for, followed by Organic Chemistry lab, which was kicked off by a quiz that I did not know about, and therefore did not study for (not that I had time, with so much to do the night before). And that lab was a part of one of our finals, so it was independent, so none of us were anywhere near finished by the end of lab, despite the fact that a few, like me, stayed overtime as much as possible. And then I came back the day after to attempt to finish it, only to have my carefully purified chemicals fall into a beaker of water, thereby giving me hours more work to do. And after attempting a start on that, the whole procedure was thrown out because everyone's results came out wrong. And then I got a 75 on a poster that was supposed to be an easy A...

Every time one of these came up, I just felled like hope dropped from my hands and I let stress latch itself onto me.

It made me realize that despite what I've felt like throughout this semester, I'm nowhere near where I wanna be (which naturally drives me to write out my frustrations). If I can let stress get to me and not pass it on to God, I'm not where I need to be. I lose perspective. I mean, I start to just look at where I'm at, or the next few years, grad/med school, girls/girlfriends/wives, and then I get stuck at one of those places, or somewhere near. But really, it all belongs to God. I gave up life already, to Him. Regardless of what answers He has/hasn't given me, it doesn't really matter. To quote from one of my favorite Christian songs,

"It really doesn't matter if we make it or not
'Cause it's my delight
To sing all night
Till the sun comes up
Again and again and again and again.
Yes it's my delight
To share a flicker of your light
Just a ray of hope
To a friend, the end."

Not a lot of good Christian music out there, but I think that this manages to capture the essence of a good mindset for any follower of Christ. Honestly, it doesn't matter if I become a doctor, if I make it anywhere after this, if I die after typing these words, or don't manage to ever date a female. All that matters is Christ, and Him crucified and risen, and sharing that message. Hooray for Good Friday.

No comments: