Monday, November 14, 2011

He's Too Clever


Here’s an idea I had recently. What if God is pulling the classic thing He seems to pull on lots of Christians trying to follow Him? What if He’s telling me to become a doctor only to give me a break and let me jump into the mission field earlier? I had felt like He told me to go to Boston University in the fall of my senior year in high school, but the moment the application was in the mail, He said I wasn’t going there, and later redirected me to John Brown University.

I’m already incredibly useful on the mission field. Like, really useful. If I was dropped off in some foreign country and got to work under a ministry, God could really use me well.
Granted, if I can predict a plan like this, He probably won’t do it. He’s much too clever. Especially since the sermon He’s having me be the illustration for tends to need some follow-through. Then again, I’m sure there are loads of sermons applicable to God changing up plans and such.

No comments: