Monday, November 7, 2011

Answers I'm Not Crazy About

Well, after hours late at night in the rain talking to God, I got some answers. God and I went through Abraham's life story, then the part of Paul's that applies, and then through my own.

Two important points came up from those other two lives.

When Abraham decided not to put all his hope in God, he had Ishmael and began a whole religion that would go against the faith he was meant to found and promote, hence to this day there remains conflict in the Middle East as a result of his disobedience.

Paul, in the midst of kinda just talking for awhile in 2 Corinthians, talks about a thorn in his side, this thing that's holding him back from being everything he can be. He knew that he could do more for God if it wasn't for this hindrance, so he asked God to remove it. And again, and again. Finally, God just said, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made complete in your weakness." (From memory, not actually quoted. I did a lot of playing with how they talked when I roleplayed them last night.) It's like the worse off Paul was, the better God looked. Paul scrunching into the fetal position allowed God to flex a little.

And that's basically the answer God left me with. I'm doing crappy because it makes Him look awesome. It's gonna show just how much I needed Him all along.

It's great, because who isn't a fan of going before the pre-professional committee at your school and trying to convey that the reason your grades are awful is because that's precisely how God wants them to be. And me trying my hardest is me just barely getting by.

No comments: