Saturday, September 30, 2023

Something Soon?

The short film I was in had a fun premiere at a film competition. It was one of maybe two or three of the thirteen films that did not have audio issues, though it did have awkward shots that, as one judge said, could have been solved by bringing in a stunt coordinator.

One of the judges was an actor and director based in LA who exchanged info with me, emphasizing great interest in using my contortionist skills in the future. Additionally, there was a general sentiment endorsing the idea of our film being turned into a feature. The director seemed vaguely game, but I am trying to spearhead the attempt at writing the script. After all, here is my chance. Proof of concept is already done, just need to expand it. And I met with horror writers the other night who all gave me pitches for what they thought the feature could look like. Incredibly insightful viewpoints from everyone present, and they additionally recommended films to watch for comparisons and themes to borrow and inspire.

The other day, the director of this pilot emailed us to request invoices and to apprise us of an upcoming announcement next week regarding the future of the pilot. This is of course a subtle reminder to me to keep refining the cartoon script that I am hoping he will like. I have a 12-page draft written. I think half of it is good, the other half... is hopefully okay. But I also have no idea if our visions will match, so we will have to see.

I have a live variety show tonight. Four minutes to show off my comedy and contortionist skills, with other acts including musicians, comedians, and a magician. In preparing for it, I have found that the standup comedy portion is much more enjoyable. It involves the audience and involves my writing rather than just what I physically am. Tonight's show will be a little over a minute of my standup, then my dance routine. But having rehearsed it a little, I can say that I would only want to do the dance routine for charity or dance-specific events in the future. It just is not as much fun, and it takes so much more energy. Granted, if it opens lots of doors, it opens doors.

I was just cast in a trailer for a movie that will be used to crowdfund for a feature. The character is German, and the writer said that the accent is optional, and I told him I would work on it.

No comments: