Thursday, August 22, 2019

The Day Before The Exam

Ah, the day before the exam that decides so, so very much. A call from my chief resident friend the other day consisted mostly of us both agreeing that I should really try to pass this test. If I do, he is pretty sure that he can get me a residency position. And that would be lovely. However, I am just unsure about tomorrow's exam.

On the other hand, I am so very ready to be done with heavy studying for a period of time. Even imagining 2-3 weeks of no hardcore studying... the knots in my shoulders cannot even contemplate that. And yet, that will happen tomorrow. And then a whole week and a half before I start my neurology rotation where I used to work. Finally, a chance to pay them to work.

So today is the odd balance between trying to read over the review sheets I made for myself and just trying to make myself relax enough to do well tomorrow. This test is annoying in that I feel as if the biggest contributor to getting questions wrong is just in the way that you are thinking, as opposed to being unable to recall a given answer. The answer is often there if you can connect the right neurons together.

No comments: