Sunday, March 25, 2018

Waiting In The Unknown

Life seems full of questions right now. I have been unable to complete any coursework for school because the website has been malfunctioning and those in charge have only said to be patient with regard to anything else. I have requested to take my exams, but I was apparently supposed to do so at least a week ago, so I do not know if that will turn out. On the bright side, I had my mid-rotation assessment with the pediatric doctor with whom I have been working, and she told me that I am doing excellent and to keep it up.

And there is this girl. Some of my fears were alleviated with the contents and interpretation of the vision mentioned in the previous post, but that friend was also excited for me, so we must all proceed with caution. After all, one step forward here is a step toward marriage and a partner in changing the world, so taking that step without surety would be quite foolish.

We FaceTimed briefly tonight. I told her that it is hard to be unbiased in my prayers over this, but I feel at peace as far as I can tell. I had also mentioned it to my dad on the phone earlier today, which of course made it a little more serious. I asked her how she felt in terms of which way God is pointing, and she said that she did not want to say. So that allowed a (probably healthy amount of) doubt to enter my mind.

Perhaps she is having second thoughts at the idea of us trying to keep up a relationship from 221 miles apart, which I understand. It has just been strange to not feel so very lonely, to have a recipient for these feelings beyond my notes or blogs. I am used to being an echo chamber.

I want it to work out with her, but I want to obey God's will even more. So I will await the response of my pastors and, you know, the Lord God Almighty Creator of Heaven and Earth.

No comments: