Sunday, March 11, 2018

After One Week of Pediatric Rotations

Just as was predicted by every blog about pediatric clinical rotations, I have become ill. It is only a sore throat, and mild enough that it can almost be mistaken for allergies unless I go too long without a cup of tea, yet it remains.

Though I would like to blame it all on pediatric rotations, I did have guests on Thursday. The lady I was liking before I moved is visiting Honduras with her mother (who hails from that nation), and to do so, they flew out of Houston. I urged them to avoid paying for a hotel by staying with me due to the frankly excessive amount of space I have in my apartment. The lady was ill enough that she had been sent home from work the night before, but we still cuddled in my blanket fort of a room for the hours of the night that remained before they had to leave for the airport.

So I either became ill from the many children I saw in the clinic this week or from the one close encounter with someone dear to me. In either case, it has so far only been a very mild sore throat, mild enough that I was unsure whether it was merely from allergies.

The coursework for the rotations seems pretty easy, aside from the exam at the end. Everything else is just taking a good history and giving a good physical exam, followed by submitting some fairly thorough patient notes.

There are certain procedures that my school says I should be able to do before the end of this rotation, but I do not see how it can happen in an outpatient setting. So we will just have to see.

No comments: