Wednesday, March 21, 2018

A Vision

Amidst the doubts mentioned in the previous post, I happened to have a conversation with Cassie, a friend who remains (relatively) close since our middle school days. In fact, she was one of three ladies that I have ever asked God about dating, the reply to which was closest thing to an audible voice I have ever heard from God (a very distinct "NO"). I mentioned this girl to Cassie, and the interrogation began. Do I think about her, miss her, etc. and yes, all the time constantly. I mentioned my doubts about how she seemed to be starting out in her faith, not knowing the references to Sodom and Gomorrah (it was a funny YouTube clip), but she told me that her husband did not grow up like we did either, that he would not understand the reference.

I explained that I have not even asked the girl out because I like her so much that I am afraid that God will say "no" if I ask Him about her. And as I was debating this last week, another friend announced their divorce (or separation maybe, whatever), which did nothing to assuage my fears. And this girl and I have only known that we mutually like each other for almost six weeks, so I did not want such a decision to be fueled solely by emotions. But then Cassie stopped me 'cause she had a vision. It was of a water wheel. "The water is actually falling straight down in the picture I kept seeing. The water is falling onto the wheel from both sides and yet the wheel only goes in one direction (forward) and I didn't understand for awhile because that doesn't make sense and also sometimes I have to look a little bit closer. I believe the water may be the emotion and yet the wheel isn't propelled by that. It is still steadily moving forward. I also don't see the motion as a bad thing. The water is clear and crisp. Do not be afraid of it. It looks like a blessing. A gift."
Image result
"Ah, so the propellant is from heaven rather than emotion? That's the vision interpretation?"
"That's what I'm feeling. Yes!"

So perhaps it is time that I started asking God, along with the few I know and trust to hit me with the truth, about this girl.

No comments: