Sunday, October 15, 2017

It's Close

I'm a few days from finding out my scores. To distract myself, I visited a friend I met through Facebook (also named London Smith), then found another old friend in D.C., hopped by Baltimore, took some time to explore NYC, met up with my Polish Canadian friend in Toronto, and then met up with an old friend and a new one in Milwaukee. Tomorrow, I'll meet my nephews in Chicago (I've apparently been an uncle for awhile now), and then leave in a couple of days to go back to Arkansas, Oklahoma, and then finally to Texas. But my scores are supposed to be released on the day that I leave Chicago, so that means 10+ hours in the car with the knowledge of whether I passed or failed that exam.

Though this trip is meant to distract, I really have let myself think of it lately, mostly because the day is fast approaching. I had a stress dream last night. I was enrolled in a medical class (which I specifically remember simply being named "Washington"), the lectures and classwork for which I had not attended or possibly even been aware. Such was the intensity of this overbearing knowledge of the class that I woke up and only realized that it was just a dream because I realized how stupid that name was (for a medical class). In addition, I was also trying to leave the island upon which my medical education took place thus far. It really was a nightmare to navigate in reality, so I suppose that it is not so crazy to experience it again in a stress dream.

The waiting for the scores is the worst part. Well, so were the last couple weeks before the exam. I guess that every part is awful. Fortunately, I think that I did the very best that I could with the time before me (with regard to the time spent after the test).

It's so close. So scary. If I failed, there goes the holiday season. I'll just be studying again.

No comments: