Sunday, November 30, 2014

The Final Stretch

Well, I made it this far. Two weeks from tomorrow, I'll be back in the States. Of course, before that, I have to make it through my finals. Aside from one embryology lecture tomorrow, all of this week is review. I just have to get all of the information from the past three months and cram it into my head. It's already there, you say? Oh, okay. Guess I don't need to study.

I've developed memory tricks over the course of the semester, but it wasn't till halfway through that I became more adept at making them. At first, it was a lot of straight up memorization, which just so happens to make my list of things to avoid having to do if possible.

So now I'm having to start making memory tricks for the things we learned early on. So hopefully studying will become progressively easier as I near the actual test day.

And I know I've probably said it before on here, but it is really hard to go through such a big transition as moving to an island for medical school and not have a pretty white girl to have a crush on. I mean really. It's actually a way that I've emotionally coped with much of my life. And when I didn't have a crush, it was always more difficult, emotionally. I have that part of my brain that has nothing to occupy it. And the natural urge is to try to fill it with something, but then it becomes superficial and objectifying, so I have to say "no" to all of that and it just doesn't feel as good.

Transition is difficult, folks. I probably won't feel okay about living here until it's time to leave. Such my current life.

No comments: