Thursday, October 30, 2014

Staying On It

In the midst of preparing for block exams, it's easy to become discouraged. How on earth do other people grasp this material so quickly and easily? Am I not pushing myself hard enough to study at all times? Am I giving in and taking breaks too often? I mean, I'm just trying to keep my body able to continue studying. My brain won't study if I strain everything.

My grades are what they've always been. Lower than others'. Not WAY lower, like they once were, but low enough for me to worry and them not to.

During my senior year, part of what kept me focused was the flashbacks that would smack my mind every time I thought about my mission trip to Uganda. Now, those memories have grown older. The main thing that continues to keep me going is that although this isn't the ideal place to be in life, it is the best place in life for me that I've found thus far. The alternative of life back home is just too awful, in the sense that it's too bereft of significance. Here I'm constantly challenged to know my faith enough to give answer to questions, and everything I'm learning is everything I either do or should care about for my future practice as a doctor.

So I hope I can focus this weekend. For future patients. For my own mental state. And to better myself as a person.

No comments: