Friday, October 17, 2014

Done With Block 2

I finished my second block exam at Medical University of the Americas. I learned that Histology is a much more difficult subject to learn because there is less built-in review and reinforcement, so I spent last weekend on a study binge, trying to go over ALL of Histology and understand it. I studied Anatomy too, but not nearly as much. When I went in to take my Histology exam, I was terrified. I was only sure that I got like four questions right. But lo and behold, I made a 79 on the exam. Anatomy was a sad 74, saved from the 70 by the 80 I made on the lab exam.

But yeah, I was in a zombie state for those tests. I studied all day for three days straight (and had been sleep-deprived, unable to properly get to sleep for the two weeks prior).

I plan to fix my sleeping problems this block (buying Benadryl this weekend just in case) and do way better. My only problem this past block was sleep. My study habits were otherwise golden, I think. Without sleep, I just wasted learning time in the afternoon.

A Christian organization on campus has invited me to their Friday evening stuff, so I'll try for that in the future. Next week, hopefully.

Anyway, after this set of exams, I'm still in an okay range with grades, which makes me think that maybe God isn't suddenly, after having me on this track for 12 years, going to decide that this was all just to prepare me for some other not-doctor thing. That maybe this whole endeavor is a real thing.

No comments: