Thursday, October 23, 2014

Shut Myself Away

I've been feeling the greater desire lately to avoid friends here. This feeling of always wanting to lock myself away came often during my last semester of undergrad, and I remember the contrast that tended to come over me then. I obviously still wanted to hang out with my friends, but I also just want to shut out everyone and just study forever. Unlike in undergrad, I have new friends here, so I'm not nearly as attached. The prospect of abandoning them to hide and study in my room doesn't sound bad at all, really. It's not like my good friends in college that I knew on such a deep level...

Being isolated on this island really makes it possible for school to be the primary focus. That is, once I can ditch the roommate (next semester can't come soon enough) and make my bedroom into somewhat of a palace. It can't be the #blanketfort, but I bet I can still make it impressive.

No comments: