Saturday, September 20, 2014

If I Fail

Can I talk about fear for a second? Like how afraid I am that I'll do bad on these first tests, this initial proving ground, and that it will result in my inevitable trip back to the States with the process of becoming a doctor further delayed by at least a couple years so I can get a Master's degree to prove my worth again?

I can't afford to ever become arrogant or overly confident in what I've learned. I never learn enough.

And during my study breaks, I don't have ANY of my friends here. I have friends that I've made in the last three weeks, but I've only known them for three weeks AND their cultures differ greatly from my own.

I miss these fears, in a way. But in another way, if I screw up, I'm back to that sorry life I was living, or trying to find a new one, and I don't know if I could bear it. If I dropped out of med school, I think the only thing I could do to feel anything of worth would be to work at Disney World.

I always wish to work there, but it would suck to lose my true calling and have to settle for my secret longing. Some dreams are only meant to be dreamed.

No comments: