Saturday, September 13, 2014

First Two Weeks

Ah yes, blogging. One of the many things I've had no time for since med school began. As predicted, school got hard on the second day, and the volume of information became ridiculous. And then, somehow, I kinda sorta learned to cope? I dunno. I still feel behind in everything, but not terribly so. I went to TA sessions, and they explained most of the kinda thing I need to know. And it made me feel okay. Gross Anatomy has been the most challenging, but it's also the one with the most reinforcement (two hours of lecture followed by an hour and a half of cadaver lab).

There's so much. But the dorm I live in, Rawlins, has a closeness to it, with all of us bonding over the shared frustration of living far from campus and having to figure out the complications that come with that.

I miss singing. I don't have a car to sing in, and I don't go to church here (difficult to wake up or get a ride on Sundays, much less find a church that I actually prefer). I don't get to be alone much, not really alone. Not alone enough to sing well, at least. But maybe I'll visit the beach tomorrow and sing there...

I drank tonight. It's kind of an important thing to me, evil though that may sound.  I didn't even like drinking very much when I left, because I had no cares. Now, I have to learn the world over, and the relief of drinking really is a pleasant thing.

First two weeks of med school are done, and I'm a week away from Block 1 exams. Hope I'm making the cut.

No comments: