Sunday, September 28, 2014

Half Your Age Plus 7?

It's super hard to write. Spare time is given to shows and reading (for fun) and texting friends. But this is a time of my life that I will hopefully be able to look back on and maybe learn something from.

So my roommate and I have talked some and shared about our faiths. He and I believe super similarly, except that my God is one that I talk to and he worships Allah but can only actually ever hear back from the Muslim pope, who, by the way, he might visit at some point this semester by ditching the island for a weekend to go to Houston. He said that it would be worth it even if he lost a semester of school to the journey altogether. It's apparently like a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.

I made the class average for both my tests on Tuesday, which is comforting. I slacked off a lil' this weekend, mostly because we had to transition from Block Exams straight to class again. It's like doing finals week and then going back to regular classes. Anyway, kinda back on track now.

Also, I looked up an article on the "half your age plus 7 years" dating rule. My 3-year rule is starting to feel outdated. I seem to still be attracted to the age range that I've been attracted to all my life, I think. Anyway, there's a girl that's too young for me now but their family is in medicine and she's looking to get into medicine too, and in two years the rules will allow me to consider her and it not be creepy. In 4-5 years, I'll be working in residency in the States and maybe some sparks could fly or whatevz. The big attraction points are the strong Christian family, getting along very well with my extreme sarcasm, and, naturally, looks. Those three points, particularly in the variety of Christian, are tough to match up in one human.

Anyway, back to studying.

No comments: