Friday, September 13, 2013

What To Duhzzz

I was supposed to start working part time this week, but then I ended up being the only medical assistant in the clinic. And it was the best.

I was super busy all day. Every minute was spent checking patients in, typing in patient notes, and coordinating the rooms so that we could see each patient as quickly as possible. I had patient interaction all day. I was busy and challenged and learning and time flew by.

And at the end of the night, my boss informed me that I was doing well, and that if I went on full time, he would hire another medical assistant to do the things I currently dislike, like phone calls and faxes and other such office work. And he wants my answer next week.

So now I find myself wondering whether I should continue with this job like this. My mind is full of hopes and dreams and aspirations, and I keep wondering how much I should be putting aside and how much I should be embracing, since it is my gap year. If I make it into medical school next year, I won't be able to backpack through Europe. Not until much later. But maybe if I stay with this job, the doctor's reputation will be enough to bump me into medical school.

I just don't know what to do or where God is leading me. I thought I felt peace about quitting... I just don't know.

No comments: