Thursday, September 12, 2013

MMMmmaybeez

Switching to part-time at my job has made it so much better. That extra hour of sleep does wonders. Waking up with the dawn rather than an hour before it does a lot for me as well. This week, I'm only losing a few hours because my supervisor is taking the MCAT today, and I agreed to take over both her and my own work for Friday, rather than taking the day off, as I was intending to do. My boss and the doctor are very appreciative of me at the moment, so Friday will probably be the smart day for me to ask for a recommendation letter for my offshore medical school applications.

I feel that I am in a good place. I'd like to be secure in my job, but there's no guarantee of that really, not while I'm working part time. But I'm also okay with it if they let me go. The world remains my oyster, and there are many aspirations I have beyond my job. From learning guitar to learning Spanish to picking up and moving back to Arkansas (though that is less likely) to shadowing physicians, I have many other things I'd like to do that I'm still prevented from doing with my current schedule.

I know that I'm not in the best of places, however, because I am currently my greatest concern. No one else's needs are coming before my own and that means that I am not in the best place in life.

Tonight is Lakeshore Creative, where my church apparently will ask us what talents and abilities we have to help out so that we can be more involved. Maybe something will happen with that.

No comments: