Thursday, March 1, 2012

Even Less Possible

There's the whole idea that when God gives you goals, dreams, and visions, they can often just be given so that you go through the right stuff before God leads you to what He really wants you to do. And then there's the whole idea that God means what He says, and that He'll never go back on His word.

Both have Biblical examples behind them. I don't, by any stretch of the imagination, claim to have any authority on the way prophecies work, but I have noticed some things. When someone gives me a Word from God and it's confirmed in my spirit (first saying something that God has already been speaking to me, then clarifying something in the present while giving a hint of the future), it tends to come true. My favorite ones are the ones that I can tell are the real deal, but that I have trouble accepting 'cause I do not believe that God can do what is entailed through me. But that's just 'cause I'm a lil' 'dupid and doubtful.

When God spoke to me through a prophet when I was the ripe age of 12, He said that I was going to be a doctor. That's the short version. The theme as he was prophesying that night was "inventors", drawing from the Biblical example of the guys that made a hole in the roof of a house so their friend could get healed by Jesus. It's about seeing things in an unusual way and making some new discovery as a result. He said that I was going to be a medical doctor, but that I was going to make a big breakthrough, a discovery, and that just like how penicillin was discovered on accident, I will discover something by strange means. And that I would do so at a young age.

I've honestly been fearful of the prophecy because unlike the road to being a doctor, which really just requires hard work, making a big discovery isn't something you can just work hard at and automatically obtain. It's a chance thing.

Me being a doctor is impossible. Me inventing something is exponentially less possible. So here I find myself, questioning the fact that I'm questioning such an idea.

"I release into you the power to invent!" -Kim Clement

No comments: