Thursday, March 9, 2023

Finally Something

It has been weeks of sitting around. I submit for auditions and wait... wait... no car, so I just wait... I write jokes... I wait... I ran out of liquor... I wait... I still have not been doing cardio... I wait... Then last night, I got an audition for a movie role. And the casting director has worked on some major productions! Of course, this shoot potentially happens at the same time as my other one. But they said that they would work around my schedule for that one. So who even knows.

After sending out so many submissions, it is always encouraging to get even that one audition. It reminds me of why I am doing this. Having had the few chances so far to dip my feet back into the industry, to be on set, what I have learned is that it is euphoric. Acting on a set is drugs. I want to do the drug of acting to the point that it makes me physically ill. Pushing my own limits while coordinating and trying to empathize with everyone else involved, bringing something extra to the table when possible, all of it is just so good. It is a nice magical thing to me, because if I suddenly had plenty of money, most of what I can see changing is my geographic location, but it would not scratch that itch.

No comments: