Sunday, March 5, 2023

Comedic Breakthrough

In the last standup workshop I did, I had my usual, a list of new one-liners. When I organized my notes afterward, I was disappointed at first. Only a couple jokes seemed good enough to move into my "ready to perform" section. But when I rewatched the stream to take more thorough notes, I was much happier, because two of my jokes were okay as they were, but were also sort of begging to be expanded a little bit. So I did that. And wow, three jokes that would otherwise have lasted maybe 30-40 seconds altogether now could potentially make that time on their own. And best of all, two of them are very much in the style that I was originally aspiring to write for my standup, though maybe leaning a little more in the direction of Demetri Martin rather than Steve Martin.

The guy working on my car finally got back to me today to officially say that I either needed to sell the car, replace the hybrid battery, or see if the dealership can fix things. And since dealerships are expensive and I do not have a spare car sitting around, I said that we should aim for the hybrid battery replacement. So hopefully he can find one at a salvage yard for a decent price.

I still am not getting enough cardio in, but I am also not in that bad of shape. That being said, I really really hope that my car gets that battery replaced soon, because I really want to have a car that is not constantly on the edge of giving up.

No comments: