Sunday, February 26, 2023

Treasure Moments

After many delays, I have signed an NDA that now prohibits me from disclosing anything about the project, including the schedule. My car has been in the shop for a week, and will probably be in that situation for awhile longer because the hybrid battery likely needs to be replaced. The bright side is of course that after these repairs, I will not necessarily have to worry about the car dying on me at any given moment.

Another consequence of having no car is that I have not been driving to the gym nor to the coffee shop. I am unfortunately sensing a strong correlation between my motivation and inspiration to write and my time in said coffee shop. I have tried to work in the local grocery store cafe area (my current location), but my brain just is not on board. I am trying a new strategy today though. The seating is a little too low for convenient typing, so I brought a cushion. Will brilliance now flow readily? Not betting on it, but we will have to see.

From what I recently read about pilots, networks do not greenlight a series until like July. And even if they do pick up the series, they can replace cast members depending on a number of factors. So instead of thinking about how, if this works out, I will be able to make a living and make all of my short-term dreams come true, I need to just focus on the work and on enjoying the fact that I will get to be on set. That is a privilege that I thought I had given up and walked away from. Treasure every moment and let that be enough for now.

No comments: