Tuesday, February 14, 2023

A More Defined Delay

Well, it turns out that the pilot was delayed. I was waiting every day to hear about it, to get a script so I could start getting to work, and then I learned halfway through the days that they had me block off that we would not shoot for another two weeks. I missed a lot of opportunities in these two weeks. Because I was hyped up and on edge for that time, I have found myself to be depressed, with symptoms that I have not had since before I decided to get back into acting.

This pilot could get picked up and be my chance to make a living. Or it could have booked up most of pilot season without much beyond some reel footage and the $100 per day that they will pay me. The fortunate thing is that they did finally send me papers to sign. So now at least I know that I will get paid (unlike the last time I worked for them).

After this pilot, I think it will be time for me to perform standup again. to get used to being on stage with these jokes. And because that can potentially pay some bills going forward. Not to mention that if it's a good quality recording, I can submit it to comedy festivals...

There is also that pilot that I am writing. The standup workshop fortunately has me churning out jokes that are a poor fit for standup, but seem to be a great fit for certain little spots in the pilot. So hopefully I will get it finished in a more organized fashion with the comedic blanks filled in after I complete this second draft.

No comments: