Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Write More

(Mostly rambling, maybe a few helpful things in here.)

As I have been trying to write a lil' more, I have found that I fumble over words. I have not read a new book in years (and I do include medical books in that). Granted, I do read a good amount of articles related to the current affairs of the world, particularly noting the grand achievements of my white racist Christian forefathers who paved the way for racial inequality on a global scale. This, however, has done little to refresh my memory on those words that my mind attempts and then ultimately fails to recall.

Point being that my vocabulary has decreased to a noticeable degree, and if I pass this exam, then perhaps it will be time to do some recreational reading once again. After all, no love in life does more to one's world than a book. No, shut up, you've been drinking.

In reality, I just want to keep writing. If ever there was a catchphrase at my employment as a medical assistant, it was "document document document" (as a verb). Not mentioned in my previous post, my youth pastor from times past mentioned how quickly life seems to pass by, and considering how many years of my life seem to have slipped through my grasp (seemingly maybe at the behest of the Lord of Hosts), I have been feeling the urge to record my thought processes and ideas more than usual. Though, if the various me's within myself are honest, "usual" is an incredibly relative term at this point. I feel as if I should be recording more video, more audio, attempting to capture whatever I am now due to the fleeting nature of such. I rarely mentally settle for a given state, always yearning for whatever is beyond where I am, whether in regard to creativity or spirituality or anything else...

Maybe that is a New Years resolution, to record more of life. Perhaps I should carry a video camera with me again (iPhones do not have the storage capacity for my world). Just gotta run into a couple thousand dollars to buy a new Macbook Pro and Final Cut Pro to edit the videos.

No comments: