Wednesday, March 1, 2017

It Begins Anew, Afresh Even?

Seven weeks in a study program. Much of a week in Arkansas reconnecting with friends from college. And this week, I began studying on my own again. But unlike last semester, I have so far been able to do it in isolation. UWorld question bank scores are (so far) equal to or greater than what they were last semester, and a fair amount of that is due to confidence. I am my biggest obstacle now, which is relieving. Once I get my study habits honed, I may be able to really cover some ground.

As painful as it is to admit, I need to build up my confidence, even if I am tricking myself. Tonight's practice test felt bad at first, but I affirmed myself and then ended up doing better than yesterday. Some days will be worse. But these practice tests are mostly about learning anyway when I review the test answers.

Also, I had been drinking like every day since that study program started. Such is the issue with an early morning. But I have been sober since Sunday. It adds an extra hour or two to study time at night.

The plan is to have social time for one day per week to avoid burnout.

Also, February turned out to have less days than I had hoped, so whoops, I guess that studying started in March.

No comments: